VORTEX2: Day#5

I am sure the VORTEX2 team is getting a bit antsy right now. Nothing worse than being out on a research project as big as this, only to not have any storms to play with. By reading some blogs out there, there aren’t any operations planned for today as severe weather remains out of the VORTEX2 Chase area. But, there may be some movement  as The Storm Prediction Center has placed Eastern Kansas in a slight risk for severe weather. (The reason for being in Woodward was to be in place for severe storms early next week)

It also looks like a crew from Texas Tech was waiting behind until a few GPS systems would arrive in the mail. They’re in now so it looks like they’ll be heading into Northwest Oklahoma (or Kansas) to join up with the rest of the crew. Tomorrow could be VORTEX2’s first deployment. Stay tuned!

-Damon

Advertisements

There are no comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: